Geothermal hotspring bathhouses in the Niseko area are plentiful and varied, some of which were founded and developed over 100 years ago. Here is a short list of some of the more popular and accessible ‘onsen’ in Niseko:
- Yukoro Onsen– The perennial favorite for visitors to the Hirafu area, this onsen is priced right and easily accessible.
- See the Yukoro Onsen website for more info: www.n43.net/onsen/niseko/juel
- Goshiki Onsen – This onsen located deep in the mountains is a bit of a drive, but offers an excellent and authentic natural hotspring experience any time of year.
- See the Goshiki Onsen website for more info: goshiki-onsen.com
- Yugokoro-Tei Onsen – An great onsen that has large outdoor baths and beautiful Japanese style. Early morning bath also available some days
- See the Yugokoro-Tei Onsen website for more info: www.niseko-annupurionsen.com
- Weiss Hotel Onsen – Another slightly remote onsen, Weiss is has beautifully finished outdoor baths in a peaceful forest setting
- See the Weiss Hotel Onsen website for more info: niseko-weiss.com/spa