Three major roads to Niseko will be officially reopened from as early as the 24th of this month!
Temporarily closed for the winter, many sections of the three routes are renowned for their stunning panoramas of the Hokkaido landscape; boasting views of the Annupuri mountain range, the Sea of Japan, the verdant wetlands of Shinsen Numa, and of course, the imposing and ever-impressive figure of Mt. Yotei.
With the April melt come warmer temperatures, blue skies, and a dazzling palette of flora and fauna bound to make you stop and wonder where Hokkaido’s white winter paradise went!
So whether you are just looking to lose yourself in some new surroundings, are excited to take advantage of some seasonally-exclusive access, or simply want to get the dust off your summer tires; fill up your gas tanks, clean the rust off your bike chains, and prepare yourselves for some of the most scenic and panoramic rides Hokkaido has to offer.
- Road 66 – ‘Panorama Line’: Oikomi, Kyowa-cho – Yunosato, Rankoshi-cho – Currently opens April 24
- Otaru Construction Management Department Kyowa Branch, Tel: 0135-62-1818
- Road 58 – ‘Echo Line’: Hanazono, Kutchan-cho – Road 66, Niseko Goshiki Onsen – Currently opens May 27
- Otaru Construction Management Department Makkari Branch, Tel: 0136-45-2136
- Road 32 – ‘Niseko-Toyoura Line’ – Currently opens May 25
- Rankoshi Construction Management Department Toya Branch, Tel: 0142-76-2111
Imagery ©2016 Google, Digital Globe, Map Data ©2016 ZENRIN